Herkules acquired 70% of Nille from its founders in June 2006. The company was a well driven Norwegian wholesaler based on Far East purchasing with a large number of low price outlets.
During Herkules’ ownership, Nille has been transformed from being a wholesale focused operation to become a leading, best-in-class retailer with 312 stores.
- Invested more than NOK 200 million in stores, business systems
and a completely new warehouse
- Implemented Category management focusing on home decoration and seasonal events
- New campaign and marketing model that has led to increase in number of customer visits
- The store concept has been redesigned twice together with New Store Europe, with a substantial effect in revenues
- More than 100 new stores opened or acquired, and locations changed for a number of stores
- Streamlined sourcing and logistics, with a new and modern, low-cost warehouse
- Prepared the company for expansion into new international markets
Herkules Private Equity Fund II sold Nille to BC Partners in May 2011.
Read more at: www.nille.no