Herkules Capital AS (“we”, “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy. We process personal data in accordance with applicable law and this Privacy Notice.
What personal data do we collect
Personal data is data that relate to you as an identifiable person. As we operate in the business-to-business segment, we process limited amounts of personal data. The personal data we process typically includes your name, contact details, job title, business affiliation, and KYC documents (such as passport), however, we may also collect or receive other categories of data if required to fulfil the purposes listed below.
The sources of such data are typically:
- Personal data that you provide to us, such as when you communicate with us due to our business relationship with the company that you are employed or engaged with, or if you sign up for our newsletters. You are free to choose whether or not to provide personal data to us
- Personal data that we receive from other sources, such as from your colleagues, our business partners (including portfolio companies and investors) or from search engines or other public sources
Why do we use your personal data
We typically use your data for the following purposes:
- To fulfil our agreements with customers, vendors or business partners
- To perform projects in which you are involved
- To communicate with you
- To maintain our list of business contacts
- To comply with our legal obligations, such as anti-money laundering or bookkeeping purposes
- To send newsletters and event invitations
We may also use your personal data for certain purposes that are not incompatible with the purpose for which the data was originally collected or received, such as audits, dispute resolution and business development.
The legal basis for processing your personal data for these purposes is our legitimate interest in operating our business in a manner common in our industry. Unless we have an existing customer relationship with you or your business, we will, if required by law, collect your consent before sending newsletters and event invitations. You may withdraw your consent at any time by using the unsubscribe feature or by contacting us.
We do not make decisions with legal or similar effects that are fully automated (without human intervention). We do not perform profiling (analysis of your interests, preferences etc.) of you.
How we share your personal data
We only grant access to your personal to people on a need-to-know basis.
We may share or give access to your personal data to our vendors. We will conclude contracts with such vendors to ensure that they do process your personal data for their own purposes.
We may sometimes share your personal data to certain of our business partners, such as owners or customers, to the extent required for us to operate our business in a manner common in our industry.
We do not transfer personal data outside the EU/EEA.
We do not sell your data to any third party.
How long do we keep your personal data
We keep your personal data as long as necessary for the purposes listed above. The criteria that we use to determine when to delete your data are:
- If we still have a business relationship with the company that you are employed or engaged with
- If you have signed up to receive newsletters or invitation to events and not yet unsubscribed
- If you are involved in one of our pending projects
- If we are obliged by law, such as the bookkeeping act, to keep documents which contain your personal data
We keep data in backup for a period of 5 years.
If you visit our website herkulescapital.no, we place a cookie on your device. The purpose of the cookie is aggregated analytics of the use of our website. We do not link this data to you as an individual.
We do not allow third parties to place cookies through our website.
You may opt-out from cookies through your browser settings.
Your privacy rights
You may request access to a copy of your data, to incorrect data about you corrected, to have your data deleted, to have your data restricted from processing, to receive or have your data transferred to another party in a machine-readable format, and to object to the processing of your data. Note that conditions and limitations apply to these rights. Please use the contact details below if you would like to exercise your rights or if you would like more information about the conditions and limitations that may apply.
If you have concerns about our processing of your personal data, you are entitled to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority (Datatilsynet), but we hope that you contact us first, so that we may provide answers and correct any misunderstandings.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us:
Herkules Capital AS, Haakon VIIs gate 5, 0161 Oslo,
Anniken Færgestad +47 22 04 80 21, firstname.lastname@example.org